- 1 lb (450g) spaghetti
- 2 tbspn olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves - peeled and crushed
- 1 large onion - peeled and chopped finely
- 1 can 14 oz (400g) peeled plum tomatoes - chopped
- 1 glass white wine (optional)
- 2 tspn dried basil
- 1 lb (450g) prepared scallops - sliced in half crossways
Heat half the oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and fry gently until softened. Add the scallops and cook for about 3 minutes. Remove the scallops with a slotted spoon and set to one side.
Add the rest of the oil and onions and cook until the onion issoftened. Add the can of tomatoes, white wine and basil and simmer for about15 minutes until thickened. Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet. Add the scallops to the tomato sauce, heat through and serve immediately with lots of fresh parmesan...the seafood pasta scallops is ready...a nice and amazing taste of pasta !