SEAFOOD PASTA RECIPES INGREDIENTS
- 4 tbspns (1/4 cup) Olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 400g tin chopped, peeled plum tomatoes
- 1/2 tspn dried basil, or about 12 fresh leaves chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz (300g)(2 cups) peeled prawns (shelled shrimps)
- 1/4 pt (150ml) (2/3 cup) white wine (drink the rest!)
- 2 tbspns freshly chopped parsley
- 1lb (450g) fettucini
Put the oil in a pan and when it's hot, fry the onion and garlic until softened - do not brown.
Add the tomatoes and let the sauce simmer gently for about 5 minutes.
Add the white wine and cook a further five minutes.
At this point, you can start to drink the wine if you like :-)
Add the prawns and cook gently for about 5 minutes - taste and add salt and pepper if required.
Cook the fettucini according to the packet instructions.
Drain and put on plates, adding the sauce on top.
Serve with freshly grated parmesan and a twist of black pepper.
For the 12 oz of prawns, you could substitute either one of or a mixture of crab meat, tuna fish, smoked haddock, fresh salmon, seafood cocktail (cockles, whelks, mussels)