Seafood Pasta Shrimp Macque Choux
Seafood Pasta Recipe Ingredients
- 8 mini baked pizza crusts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- garlic salt to taste
- 1 cup oil for frying
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon liquid from the jar of jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound salt pork*, julienned
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Creole seasoning to taste
- 2 pounds medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 4 cups cooked penne pasta
Set oven to broil. Brush individual pizza crusts with melted butter, and sprinkle with chopped parsley and garlic salt. Place on a baking sheet and broil until sizzling. Remove, and set aside.
Heat 1 cup oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. In batches, place tortilla strips in hot oil, and cook until crisp. Remove to paper towels, and discard oil.
Add whipping cream to a saucepan, and whisk over high heat. When the cream begins to boil, whisk in sour cream. Reduce to medium heat. Stir in chicken bouillon and jalapeno juice, and simmer.
In a separate saucepan, warm 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour; continue whisking until the mixture is a pale golden color. Then whisk flour mixture into cream mixture, whisking until well blended. Remove from heat, and stir in jalapenos and cheese. Set aside.
Warm 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Stir in salt pork, and brown on all sides. Remove salt pork to paper towels, and discard oil.
Warm 6 tablespoons butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in onions, celery, green and red bell peppers, garlic, and thyme. Cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the corn, and cook about 5 minutes, stirring. Stir in andouille and salt pork. Season with salt, pepper, 1/4 cup parsley, and Creole seasoning; cook about 10 minutes. Add shrimp, and cook until pink, about 5 minutes. Drain the butter sauce off of the shrimp and meats, and reserve the sauce in a bowl or jar.
Stir the cream sauce into the shrimp and meat mixture. Stir in 3 cups of penne pasta. Reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
To serve, place pizza bread in the bottom of individual bowls. Ladle a spoonful or two of the reserved butter sauce over the bread, then ladle over sauce. Add more pasta, if desired. Sprinkle with Creole seasoning, and top with crispy tortilla strips.